- Learn to budget from DAY ONE, as you may not have much money to go around. It's very important to see where it goes, how much is left, what is your priority and how to make it last longer
- Use your NUS Extra card! Many shops and leisure facilities offer discounts to students with this card.
- Are you getting what you should? If you have any questions regarding the way you were assesses by your LEA or the University, please come and talk to us
- Keep a copy of the advert, job description, your contract (if you have one) and all of the pay slips you receive. If you have a problem, these will all be useful evidence in proving what you should be paid and when.
- Know your rights! All workers have a right to the national minimum wage and to receive holiday pay
- Take your breaks! Regardless of whether you are a full or part-time worker, you have a right to certain periods of time off