Free NUS Cards
I’m in my second year, can I get a free card? Unfortunately, this offer's only available to newly enrolling students. You'll be asked to provide proof of your student status when collecting your card.
Where do I collect my card? You'll be able to collect your card from the UBS Reception in the Hamilton Centre Atrium during term time.
My computer's crashed or frozen, what do I do? Unfortunately if the error is with your own system we're unable to help. If the website is a genuine error on the part of the website provider, NUS will honour any cards that are affected.
What does my photo need to be like? You'll need to provide a head and shoulders passport-style photo, preferably against a light background. You can either use a webcam now to take a photo or you can upload a JPEG. Our system allows you to crop and scale the image.
The photo you use should be:
- A high-quality JPEG,
- Not too close or far away,
- No larger than 640 pixels high and 400 wide,
- Sharp, focused and clear,
- No larger than 1 MB in file size,
- Oh, and it must be a photo of you!
A passport-style photo has the following guidelines:
- In colour,
- Free from shadows,
- Taken with your eyes open and clearly visible,
- Free from reflection or glare on your glasses,
- Free from red-eye,
- Taken with a neutral expression and your mouth closed,
- Taken of the full head, without any covering, unless it's worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons,
- Taken with nothing covering your face.
NUS Extra Card Giveaway Sale Terms and Conditions
- The giveaway is only available through www.nus.org.uk and cannot be accessed by any other route.
- The offer will start at 4pm on Tuesday September 18th
- The cards will be valid for one year only, until the date stated on the card.
- Neither the UBS nor NUS Extra can be held responsible for failure to access the offers due to user error.
- The UBS reserve the right to withdraw the offers outlined above at any time.