Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – students’ unions are all seriously fun places to work. They are organisations in their own right. Professionally run, but different. Professional teams support elected student leaders so as they make change, improve lives and fulfil potential, we help make it happen. The Union of Brunel Students is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. And with more than 13,000 members, 150 clubs and societies, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
As a member of the Student Voice Team you will lead on empowering our students and volunteers to improve the student experience at Brunel. You will achieve this through the provision of a first-class Student Representation system and by supporting our volunteers. Alongside this you will develop policies and briefings to drive the vision and requirements of our members.
Who you are
We are looking for a professional, passionate and enthusiastic person to join our changing and developing Student Voice Team as an Academic Representation Coordinator. This role is fundamental to achieving our strategic goal of “ensuring students are genuine partners in academic decision making”.
You will have previous involvement in working within a democratic or membership driven organisation, and understand current issues within Higher Education. In addition, you will passionately believe in the benefits of representation and student leadership to our members.
Because you’re excited by the challenge!
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
We offer a generous benefits package to reward our staff's hard work and commitment:
- Pension Scheme – statutory workplace pension scheme ‘NEST’.
- Generous holiday allowance - 25 days a year plus bank holidays. Additional days are given at Easter and Christmas in line with the University closure dates (usually about 5 additional days a year).
- Long service - 2 additional days leave will be given after 5 years continuous service
- TOTUM Card - All Union career staff are entitled to receive a TOTUM student discount card free of charge.
- Active@Brunel - Free membership to our social sports programme.
- On-site parking – Parking on campus at a low-cost rate.
- Flexible Working - The Union adopts a flexible working environment.
- Personal Development - The Union is fully committed to investing in your future. If you are interested in a training programme which you feel would benefit you within your current position you can submit a training request via your line manager.
- Employee assistance programme
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 1st August 2022, 10am.
Interviews to be held on 8th August 2022
Start date: To be discussed with successful applicant
If you have any questions about the role please email Ruth Sharma, Head of Student Support and Representation: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTS TO APPLY HERE:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES MONITORING FORM
Please send your application digitally to: email@example.com