Hi, I’m Noah and I’m running for VP of CEDPS. I am a computer science student who works as an ATA in the First Year/Foundation year labs, As vice-chair of Brunel Student Justice, I have already committed to the fight against injustice at this university. The role within this organisation means I have already had plenty of experience working with the Union, I have also gained experience from being a national representative for the organisation. I am secretary for Brunel Climbing Society for this year and did what I could to get the wall open, offering to clean it with the committee after every session. Check out my link tree for my socials and a remind to vote form!
If elected, I will work to achieve the following goals:
- Continuing the Brunel Student Justice fight: I have given much of my free time this year to campaign for ALL students at the university both on a local and national level. This fight is not over and as VP-CEDPS I will be able to take the fight to the executive committee at the university and work with Student Unions across the country to achieve real results.
- Increase effectiveness of the WellBeing department: Wait times need to be reduced and number of sessions increased. Victim support services are essential to ensure students feel safe to reach out on campus.
- Improve PG representation: The post graduate representation was not working and was removed at the last AGM. A new solution for PG representation is needed.
- Building on the work of previous officers: This is to ensure the continuation of campaigns such as Women in STEM, OneBrunel and the fight against Circuit Laundry.
- Increase student engagement: Student engagement has been falling in recent years but as the brunel student justice campaign has shown there are students who will get involved provided with the right catalyst.
- Increase student employment within the university: Why outsource when a skilled workforce is sitting right in front of you?
- Include optional entrepreneurial education within CEDPS: Many students within CEDPS will go on to start their own business so having the required knowledge be accessible is essential.
- Fairness for Fees: I have been and will continue to fight for reduced fees for all students with an initial focus on international students.
- Improve accessibility to software and adequate hardware: Necessary software should be free, with ineffective solutions such as VM Horizons to be replaced with a better remote platform and/or equipment grants and loans.
- Adequate Workspaces: Towers cannot accommodate all of the students that need access and the equipment provided within is inadequate. We need higher capacity better furnished workspaces.
VOTE NOAH FOR CEDPS,
VOTE NOAH FOR CHANGE!