My name is Thariq Thanseer and I am running to be your next VPCBASS Officer. My aim is to represent your voice and champion the issue that means most to you. We all are facing our own individual challenges, but we all share the same common goal that unites us: our right to have a good quality of education from the wide range of academic report and our need for greater welfare though our time here at Brunel.
If elected I would work with integrity transparency and accountability as you can place your trust on me to uplift each and everyone’s voice. Through my experience of being a student ambassador to working at our local bar locos and being your current BME officer, I have learned a lot which have not been aware off.
As the BME officer I recognise that those people from groups such as BME, disabled and LGBTQ+ students, have different and more specific welfare needs. I will make sure to consult with them about the changes they want to be put in place. There are things which are available to public, but they are not aware of it, I will create a new system where students won’t have difficulties during their time in Brunel.
Already working on comprehensive disciplinary process reform, I believe I clearly defined, realistic policies
(THE THARIQ’s THEORY)
Welcome to THE THARIQ’S THEORY, as YOUR NEXT VPCBASS I would love to EMBARK upon
- Decolonise education.
- More flexible fee payment plans regardless of ethnicity.
- Starting awareness campaign for better understanding of services offered by university.
- Thrive my best to bring students and university on the same page.
- Introduce real-life workshops to involve students in “REAL” issues for their practical learning within university.
- Oppose fees and cuts and ensure higher education remains open to all.
- Lobby departments to support education-based societies.
- Raise awareness of scholarship and available funds.
- Voice through student feedback
- Equal representation in the student union is your right.
- I will address the lack of representation for postgraduate for mature students.
- Strengthening the course rep system.
Equality and Non-Discriminatory Career Opportunities apart of ethnic groups.
- Enhance social/cultural interaction among students and the university community.
- Aim to reduce the employment gap after studies.
- Work on reducing the attainment gap.
- I will work with the local police and Brunel security your safety on campus.
- Reform the personal tutoring system by widening participation across department.
- Provide proper support for mental health and wellbeing.
Prioritise Tenants Rights
- Making it easy for students to choose between on campus and off campus accommodation.
VOTE FOR A CHANGE VOTE FOR VOICE VOTE FOR YOUR FUTURE
VOTE THARIQ FOR VPCBASS