What is a rep? Be a rep Find my Rep I’m a Rep
What does a rep do?
Reps do attend meetings regularly, but it is not all they do. For the most part, as a Rep you will have a few meetings each term. Outside the meetings is when a lot of the Reps’ work is done by finding out what students on your course or department think about their education, collecting feedback (both positive and constructive!) and staying in touch with other reps and the Union. You’re also free (and encouraged) to start campaigns!
Overall, Reps get to talk with people a lot, in meetings and on campus, but you do get to read meeting documents as well.
Why do it?
Becoming a rep is worthwhile because you:
- Are the vital link between students and staff, which makes you the driver behind changes that improve the experience at Brunel for you and your peers.
- Become part of a team with other reps within the Union.
- Gain and develop skills through your role AND through free training offered to you as a Rep
- Are rewarded for being a rep with events, awards, certificates and more. Being a rep is even part of your HEAR!
- This is also the first year we are running the new Student Rep award which has some amazing prizes.
Student rep award
Information to be announced soon!
Once elected you will need to book a place on one of our rep training sessions. Please select the session relivent to your college and book your space o.