Tick the above box to be added to the freshers mailing list for this club.
If you're having technical difficulties or struggling to contact a club, please contact Student.Activities@brunel.ac.uk and we will help you to get in touch!
Here at Brunel University, we are extremely proud of our athletics heritage – our first international vest was earned at the London 1948 Olympics. Being one of the biggest sports club on campus, there is a wide range of athletic disciplines for people of all abilities to become involved with.
There are fixtures throughout the academic year ranging from the London Colleges Cross Country League to the Brunel Indoor Jumps & Throws Festival to afford all Club members an opportunity to compete in the Brunel University AC vest. BUCS Cross Country, BUCS Indoor Athletics and BUCS Outdoors Athletics are the most prestigious competitions in the fixture calendar.
We work together towards beings successful at these championships, and have excelled on numerous occasions in the recent past – including winning both the Men’s and Women’s BUCS Indoor Athletics titles in 2009 and the recent LUCA victory in 2018, which saw 13 medals between 10 athletes.
As well as excelling on the track and field, the club is a formidable force when it comes to socials. They are held regularly throughout the year with events such as the chunder run, toga and many more! So please come along, have fun and join one of the largest,friendliest and most successful clubs on campus.
If you have any questions, feel free to email any of the committee members.
Social media accounts:
Brunel Athletics Club Coaching Team:
- Laura Turner - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linford Christie/Margaret Adeoye - email@example.com
- Costas Karageoghis - firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle distance/long distance/cross country:
- Richard Ashe - email@example.com
- Chris Hepworth - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danny Sawyers - email@example.com
- Gary Power - firstname.lastname@example.org
To join Brunel Athletics:
- Buy a union sports membership either online or in person from the union reception (£40)
- Go onto the union website and under the subheading "Activites", find Team Brunel
- From this, you will find a variety of options and information about Team Brunel as a whole. To find the athletics page, go onto find a club.
Meet the Team!
Chair - Eloise Harvey
Secretary - Jamie Kealey
Treasurer - Maria Gutu
When do we meet?
Training groups generally meet weekday evenings and weekend mornings. Exact times may vary so further information regarding training please join the Brunel Athletics 2021/22 Facebook group, vital information is constantly updated there.
We are currently sorting out tasters sessions and coaching so more information should be out soon!
Our fixtures include: More info to come!
BUCS Cross Country Championships -> Saturday 5th February 2022
Please contact Christopher.Hepworth@brunel.ac.uk for information about the event
BUCS Indoors Championships -> 18th-20 February 2022
Entries have to be done individually via the BUCS play app:
2 athletes per events will be selected after the 25th January 2022
Make sure you are a member of Brunel Athletics before entering otherwise we won't accept your entries
Personal Bests / Seasons Bests achieved between 1st October 2018 - 25th January 2022 Events:
60m, 60m Hurdles, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 4x200m relay Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put Ambulant Events: 60m, Long Jump, Shot Put
Entry Standards: Men's 3000m - 09:50.00 Women’s 3000m - 12:00.00
Men's Pole Vault - 3.50m Women’s Pole Vault - 2.65m
Men's Triple Jump - 12.00m Women’s Triple Jump - 10.00m
Any further questions, either email Eloise Harvey (email@example.com) or Jamie Kealey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information about BUCS Indoors:
- The final deadline for BUCS play is the 25th of January 2022
- We will have the final team sheet on the 7/8th February 2022.
- The final team will be decided based on a number of factors (including current form and fitness, 2022 indoor season performance and then previous years competitions)
- One idea we have got to help the selection process is if we have a close competition for places in the team, we may offer the idea of everyone competing in Inter-Varsity on the 9th and take into consideration times from that event.
- Once we give out the final team, people will be asked to pay a little contribution towards the cost of accommodation and travel.
BUCS Outdoors Championships
- 30th April - 2nd May 2022
- The venue is Chelmsford Athletics Stadium
- More news will be coming soon!
- 9th February 2022.
- This will be at Lee Valley, against universities including Loughborough University, University of Birmingham and Cardiff Met.
- Here is a link to the sign-up sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_N_8s8JfuXaAm1WZSgxCWuGvWNooewnKA1gFaBG6tWY/edit
Sport Performance Programme (SPP)
Don't forget to get your SPP membership and your IAC membership, extremly important stuff! Here's a lil sneak peak on what it offers.
Got any thoughts or feedback about the club? If so drop our chair an email - email@example.com
Maintain our status as a top athletics club by placing in the top few universities at indoor, outdoor and XC BUCS
We look to continue our recent trend of winning the annual intervarsity meet
With the facilities and coaching available at Brunel Athletics Club, we look to develop and progress each member in their athletic event(s).
Brunel Athletics is not just about performance! So we also look to ensure every member enjoys our variety of socials, which take place regularly throughout the year!