I Silviya Gupta, current International Final year Law student. Alongside I worked as a paralegal, at council of Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. I was previously elected as Student Assembly Member and the Brunel Radio Manager, back in 2017.
If I get elected, I assure all the students to bring THE CHANGE, which we all aim for. I want to be a voice of every Brunel student which have been left unheard on many occasions.
Over the time span, COVID-19 has taught us enormus amount of things and we as students have faced colossal amount of discomfort in adjusting to the new mode of learning. I believe, every student is different and have different ways of learning. Hence, to help everyone I pledge :
Quality Education by:
- Reducing the class strength - reduce the number of students in large group sessions to make it more interactive.
- Encouraging students to seek help from the ASK Team and Language centre.
- Introducing more workshops which will help students to boost their confidence
- Introducing more IT workshops for everyone.
- Increasing career advice services.
- Adapting centralised approach in delivering and uploading of the learning material in a formatted way.
I will make sure, every student is familiar with each and every facilities available.
Alongside, I also AIM to:
Increase the number of available resources like more eBooks and open study space around the campus. Special access for the UG final year students 24*7
Create more job opportunities for students on campus and off campus. (Parttime and permanent)
Facilitate students with Temporary Accommodation. The objective is to allow students rent a room on campus for Limited period while they are in search of another room in extinguating circumstances at reduced prices.
Increase security on campus
Increase health care services.
- Increase the mental health awareness
- I intend to Introduce Brunel private dental service at reduced price
Other issues that are under discussion with the union members and university's administration are following:
- Reduce the tuition fee for international students. Alongside, I propose - fight for flexible fee payment plans.
- Rent strikes.
Assuring that I will take charge of everything with full responsibility and Dedication.
Summing up: if I get elected as a Vice President of CBASS I promise to be a connecting line among the students, the union, and the University itself.
Provide student the best University experiences and a friendly place of education, which everyone desserves. I will be available for everyone at every step possible.
Please do not let others, influence you. I know we all are wise, when it comes to electing a candidate!!
Thank you, Together YOU and I, Lets work for the Bright Future.