WHO ARE WE?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – students’ unions are all seriously fun places to work.
They are organisations in their own right. Professionally run, but different. Professional teams support Elected student leaders, so as they make change, improve lives and fulfil potential, we help make it happen.
The Union of Brunel Students is one of more than 600 students’ unions across the country. And with more than 15,000 members, 150 clubs and societies, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
The Activities, Shop and Reception Administrator is a new role with the aim of driving our retail offer, ensuring it is relevant and appealing, and that the point of sale spaces are well maintained and effective. The role will provide a consistent first point of contact at our Union Reception, ensuring that we are welcoming, and that where possible, queries are dealt with at the first opportunity, helping us to build relationships with the students and committee members that come into our space. Our vision is to ensure that every student thrives at Brunel.
WHO YOU ARE
Someone friendly, enthusiastic, positive and excited to work on a vibrant, university campus. You will enjoy building relationships with our student members, and being part of a friendly staff team. A great communicator; in person, online and on the phone, you will be super organised and efficient, and able to work in a fast paced, changing environment. You will take pride in your work and your work area, and will be driven by helping us to achieve our retail targets.
Because you’re excited by the challenge! The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
We offer a generous benefits package to reward our staff's hard work and commitment:
- Pension Scheme – statutory workplace pension scheme ‘NEST’.
- Generous holiday allowance - 25 days a year plus bank holidays. Additional days are given at Easter and Christmas in line with the University closure dates (usually about 5 additional days a year).
- Long service - 2 additional days leave will be given after 5 years continuous service
- TOTUM Card - All Union career staff are entitled to receive a TOTUM student discount card free of charge.
- Active@Brunel - Free membership to our social sports programme.
- On-site parking – Parking on campus at a low-cost rate.
- Flexible Working - The Union adopts a flexible working environment.
- Personal Development - The Union is fully committed to investing in your future. If you are interested in a training programme which you feel would benefit you within your current position you can submit a training request via your line manager.
- Employee assistance programme
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday 16th October 2022
Interviews to be held on 25th October 2022 (Online)
Start date: To be discussed with successful applicant
If you have any questions about the role please email Chris Hepworth, Student Activities Manager: Christopher.Hepworth@brunel.ac.uk
DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTS TO APPLY HERE:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES MONITORING FORM
Please send your application digitally to: firstname.lastname@example.org