I am Wik, I’m 21 years old and I’m from Poland. I currently studying Psychology and will be heading back to my second year after my term ends. I’ve been involved with a number of societies and activities in my time at Brunel including supporting Brunel Student Justice, attending Cult film society.
My biggest commitments have been to my work, both at Brunel and beyond. You might recognise me from my time behind the Bar at Loco’s or from working in Wetherspoons in Uxbridge. I’ve also worked extensively with P3 Charity, a local organisation that helps support young people with housing insecurity.
These experience made me passionate about working with students and young people and helping them solve the issue they are facing. In particular they strengthen my resolve to help improve students mental health and wellbeing, something that made up a significant portion of my manifesto’s aims. I’ve outlined some of those aims and objectives below but you can read about more of them in my manifesto here: WIK MANIFESTO
International Student Wellbeing
- Provide more WellBeing services tailored to international student’s needs e.g. loans, accommodation, mental health, religion.
More proactive prevention services
- Improve immediate response from the Wellbeing team and increase long-term help for students in need.
- Join other officers in providing trainings for societies as well as Staff to increase understanding of sexual assault, how to recognise and prevent it.
Women's Week on campus
- More needs to be done e.g. girl’s night in Venue, self-defence taster sessions, empowerment talks, etc.
- Improve communication between students and their personal tutors, increase level of their involvement.
If you’d like to know more, or want to get involved with any of my work, don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can email me @ Wiktoria.Swoboda@brunel.ac.uk or DM me on Instagram @WiktoriaVPCHMLS
I look forward to hearing from you and hope we can make a real difference this year,