What is a Union Contact?
The Union Contact Scheme allows students who have gone through the whirlwind that is Freshers Week to then give back, by helping the new students to settle in, and by doing so, enabling them to have a fantastic Freshers Week.
Union Contacts are very often the first face new students meet when they arrive at Brunel to start their Freshers Week – so no pressure!
A Union Contact could perhaps look at themselves as the wise older brother or sister, being on hand to share their Brunel wisdom, tips and tricks with the new students – we all know how it felt to move to University and a friendly face is always welcome!
You will be responsible for engaging with the new students in the week by encouraging them to attend events, being a point of information, and most importantly providing a safe and relevant social environment to help them to transition into University life.
Don’t worry, you won’t be going it alone, as you will be part of a team, usually between 12 – 20 contacts, and will be managed by Head Contacts. You will work together to put on events and encourage Freshers to take part in activity facilitated by the Union.
Do You have what it takes?
Are you friendly?
Are you approachable?
Are you an enthusiastic?
Do you love Freshers Week, meeting new people, and getting involved?
Then we want you to be a Union Contact 2017!
Here at the Union of Brunel Students we are committed to the contact scheme, and if you are successful in the process we will provide you with a variety of training to equip you with all the skills you need to become the best contact you can be, making sure as many new students as possible have an amazing Freshers week, and that you take away invaluable volunteering experience.
What do I get out of it?
- NEW FRIENDS - meet fellow contact and freshers who can become friends for life!
- FREE FOOD - Daily Meal vouchers for your time working as a contact, we don’t want any HANGRY contacts on our hands.
- FREE GOODIES - Contact T-shirts to wear in the week, and to keep as a memento afterwards plus load of little gifts to say thanks!
- FREE PARTY - The contact party rounds off Freshers’ Week and you get in free!
- GREAT FOR YOUR CV - additional training, team work, volunteering hours, they all look fantastic to prospective employers.
- MUCH MUCH MORE...
If you have any questions please email Anita (firstname.lastname@example.org)