WHO ARE WE?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – no two days in our workplace are the same.
Professionally run, but different. Alongside our hospitality business, we support our students in every aspect of their university experience from assisting in their academic development, supporting them in campaigning for change, and facilitating a huge range of sports clubs and mutual interest societies. We deliver a fun, exciting, and vibrant campus experience for everyone.
Check out the documents, check out our website, and if you think we’d be better off with you in our team, follow the link and apply today.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
The Union requires an experienced Assistant Venues Manager to help us deliver our bar and entertainment activity within our 600-capacity nightclub and 780-capacity bar.
As part of the Venues Management team, you will report to and work closely with the Head of Commercial Operations to operate and oversee a programme of planned activity that meets the needs of our diverse membership, drives footfall, and operates profitably.
Our part-time bar staff are exclusively students and require year-round training and leadership. Your role will be to guide this team to deliver excellence.
WHO YOU ARE
The successful candidate will need to be a confident self-starter with the energy and enthusiasm to deliver to a diverse membership in a fast paced youth orientated environment. Attention to detail and a proven track record of delivering excellence within a high paced, dynamic hospitality management operation is essential. Experience of working within a brand led organisation would be beneficial.
You will have a passion for the customer and will be required to deliver consistently high-quality service while motivating your team both up and down the ladder.
Because you’re excited by the challenge!
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. Our trading patterns are a dream for those in the hospitality industry. We are typically closed through the Christmas and New Year periods, and it is rare that managers are expected to work entire weekends. And to top it all off, our summer expectations are not normally going to get in the way of your holiday plans!
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
We offer a generous benefits package to reward our staff's hard work and commitment:
- Pension Scheme – statutory workplace pension scheme ‘NEST’.
- Generous holiday allowance - 25 days a year plus bank holidays. Additional days are given at Easter and Christmas in line with the University closure dates (usually about 5 additional days a year).
- Long service - 2 additional days leave will be given after 5 years continuous service
- TOTUM Card - All Union career staff are entitled to receive a TOTUM student discount card free of charge.
- Active@Brunel - Free membership to our social sports programme.
- On-site parking – Parking on campus at a low-cost rate.
- Flexible Working - The Union adopts a flexible working environment.
- Personal Development - The Union is fully committed to investing in your future. If you are interested in a training programme which you feel would benefit you within your current position you can submit a training request via your line manager.
- Employee assistance programme
Application Deadline: We are assessing candidates upon application and will close applications when the post is filled.
Start Date: To be discussed with the successful applicant
Our Values are an important factor in The Union of Brunel Students as they drive our decisions.
- Driven by You
- Open to All
- Passionately positive
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
If you’re successful we will contact you for an interview and if you have any questions you can contact: email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full information about the role please see our JOB PACK.