Do you want to be part of your Graduation Ceremony in Winter 2023? Could you provide a motivating and uplifting speech to your peers?
Applications are invited from students that have been elected to represent students (this could be course reps, SU officers, student assembly member or sports/society committee positions for example). The speech, which should be at maximum 3 minutes, will be written by you, but help will be available from our communications team!
Important dates and Terms and conditions:
- Applicants must be graduating in the Winter graduation.
- Applications deadline: 12 noon Monday 13 November.
- Review panel – Wednesday 15 November. Panel will be a combination of SU sabbatical officers and senior university staff.
- Outcomes to students by Friday 17 November.
- Speech completion by 12 noon Monday 27 November.
- This needs to be about 1 page (written in point 12 Arial font). The University Communications team will work with successful candidates on the final script.
- Presentation practice will be held during w/c 4 December. All individuals will be expected to attend. If you do not attend the practice – you cannot do the speech.
- Student plus 2 guests will be invited to the VIP lunch on the day of the ceremony.
If you would like to do this, and deliver your speech, then complete the application form below and submit it by 12 noon Monday 13 November 2023 to email@example.com:
Check out the form here.